Saturday, February 7, 2009

Moving Across America!

ok so this is very late but none the less here it is. My brother Josh asked me if I would like to help him move to Tucson Arizona (from St.Louis) in January and I of course thought it would be a good time to help him because it would be cool temperature wise and just fun to see five different states. Missouri, Oklahoma, Texas, New Mexico, and Arizona! So we got the largest truck Penske makes and filled it to the brim and still hadn't loaded the furniture yet. So we headed back to Penske to get another truck and trailer.

Our trip was great overall but we did hit a speed bump or two on the way. I think it was in Oklahoma my truck ( the BIG diesel )broke down and we waited for road side assistance but soon got back on the road again and we were onto Texas where we stayed at the Big Texan Motel - and for your information, it was a dump, but at least the heat worked! Our plan was to see some roadside america and stop at Cadillac Ranch ( 10 Cadillac's standing vertically buried in the earth ) just outside of Amarillo Texas. You can check out the website at http://www.roadsideamerica.com/story/2220

As we were driving west I saw it out of the corner of my eye and grabbed my camera and just stuck it out the window shooting hoping to get something. It never occurred to me that it could have been on the other side of the road! We did not stop or turnaround because we had some time to make up and needed to get to Arizona! Maybe next time!

While in Arizona, Josh Koren and Katie's house was not quite ready to move in yet, due to closing stuff. (big story) We had to unload the trucks and get them returned, and so we ended up filling a 30 foot storage unit.

It was great to see my dad, pam, grandma bobbie and pa pa ed while there. I also went and checked out Saguaro National Park and got some nice shots of some cactus. Anyways that was end to my trip to get to go photograph the park at sunset and all the other interesting things along our way.


-J





ok so I should have stuck my leg next to this steak for scale but forgot to. this thing was a 4 pound steak!

this is not just a plate, it's a huge platter!


















Crossing the Rio Grande!









this is their new house!

flying back home over the Rocky Mountains

1 comment:

Josh, Koren and KK said...

I never knew the Big Texan was such a dive, not that I thought it was 4 star either. The Cow picture is my favorite. Wow I can't wait to live in my new house!!