Friday, March 13, 2009

Our dog... but not for much longer!

I guess we need to share with you that we have gotten a dog and feel that it might have been a bit pre mature, the dog and our decision for adopting her. Life has been "let's all pull our hair out" the last 3 weeks. She is an 80lb puppy thats only 17 months old and the biggest baby we have ever seen. I suppose we are going to have to post her on craigslist to find a family that can manage her. We do want a dog but after 3 weeks of having her we are still neutral as to whether we love her or not. I know it's sad to say but we are leaning toward saying goodbye.

here are some shots taken in the backyard today.

-J





This is funny because I threw her a Milk Bone and it landed just short of her rope. She did end up reaching though.


2 comments:

Sarah said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sarah said...

That's sad. I'd probably wait a LONG time before considering another dog if you do rehome Dakota. I'd wait until Natalie is more grown up and you both have more time to invest in training it. They don't come pre-programmed.

--- After Jon and Julie talked, I have more hope that you two are willing to put more time into helping her adjust. Really, three weeks isnt long enough for her to adjust to being in a new home with new masters. I really think crating her while you're gone, or even why clients are expected, would be a good idea. Since she spent so much time in a crate before, she is probably just on overload from being given so much room to roam, all day, every day. Also, being 18 months is like being a teenager.. always pushing the rules to see how far you can go. I would definite also recommend checking out Cesar Millan's show. Maybe sign up for netflix for a month and rent the episodes of past seasons. He really teaches how to become the dominant owner and get control back. We've learned a lot from him. Obviously, use what fits your situation, as every case of his is different.

Sorry I came off rude in the first post.. Its just upsetting to me when people get dogs and then give up on them so quickly. Dogs are a big part of my life and a big interest to me. =)