Friday, October 22, 2010

July's Trip to Houston!

Natalie, Tyler, and I traveled to Houston for Meredith's wedding. Meredith is a sorority sister from SMU and great friend, and since we both grew up in Houston, we've gotten to see each other pretty much every year. I have to say that I was so excited to be at Meredith's wedding, but I was not quite as excited to be in the Houston heat and humidity in July...but Meredith is worth a trip. It's honestly been 9 years since I've been in Houston during the summer. I've very purposely come between the months of November-April since graduating college. Jon stayed home since Natalie is now another plane ticket, and I pretty much figured I would not have a ride from the airport (or a place to stay) if I arrived without grandkids. This was Tyler's first flight!

We enjoyed some great time in the pool (well, Tyler literally loved it and floated around completely content for 30 minutes at a time; Natalie spend about 5-10 min max in the pool and then preferred to be "fish out of water") and great time with family - and even Andy was in from CHINA...yea!

Now, I have to give a big disclaimer about the pictures...these are ones I took...with a point-and-shoot...so they are a far cry from Jon's pictures from everywhere else we go. And looking through these, I realize why it does not make any sense for me to have a camera when Jon's around!

-L

Commemorating Tyler's first flight (I'm attempting the picture)...


Doing better now that I'm holding him and a complete stranger is taking the picture...


Pool time!








Julie and I having fun testing out the underwater aspect of our point-and-shoot camera...




Natalie really wanted to wear my goggles...


Rehearsal Dinner at the Cadillac Bar...it was SO GREAT to see old friends!
Gamma Phis...
Britta, Kelly, and Meredith


The Wedding Day...






All the Gamma Phis...Kelly, Britta, Meredith, Dani, and me. And I'd like to point out that Meredith and I are the only ones NOT pregnant in this picture!


I took my sister as my date...Andy got to come with me to the horse races for Meredith & Chris' party a couple days before the wedding.


SUSHI DINNER...boy I love it when we get treated to this! In this picture, Natalie is eating a bunch of rice, but earlier in the meal, she ate ROE by the SPOONFUL. It was hilarious. It IS colorful and looks fun...






1 comment:

CDS said...

What a fun trip!!! :)