Sunday, June 22, 2008

First Father's Day!

Last Sunday was Jon's first Father's Day, and we want to also say, "Happy Father's Day" to our own dads, Bob & Mike!  (yes, our dads did get a phone call on their day...not just a blog 'shout-out' a week later...)

We began the day sharing a very special moment with our friends, Ben & Christi, by attending the baptism of their son, Samuel.  We were honored to be included!  We had a great lunch at their place after the service and got to know some of their friends who also came out for the baptism.  We returned home for the afternoon, and Natalie and I gave Jon his gifts.  I got him the highly recommended book, "Strong Fathers, Strong Daughters," and Natalie had made him a stepping stone with her hand and footprints!  She fussed quite a bit making it with me, but it is really cute and a great way to capture how tiny she was at this time!  The rest of the day we relaxed at home and grilled dinner.  I know Jon felt like it was pretty surreal to be celebrating Father's Day, but I also know that being a dad comes quite naturally to him, and he's a wonderful dad for our little Natalie.  We are blessed!

-L
Samuel's baptism...

The lunch group with Ben and Christi and Sam in the middle...

Dad and daughter...
One of my favs from the Father's Day pics!  And yes, I was taking these!!

1 comment:

LaVonna said...

Wow! Looks pretty sweet to me! I can't wait to be there...
kisses to all of you.

love, Mom