Thursday, May 7, 2009

Buggy's walking!

So our little Natalie is starting to WALK! Nana (my mom) worked really hard with her right around the birthday, and I'm sure that made a difference! Since being so adept at crawling, there wasn't a huge motivation for her to walk, but last Friday, I put her against the sliding glass doors (just to have her work on standing), and to my great surprise, she up and took 5 steps to me! She did it again and again. Good job little one! She continues to need a little "set-up" and a fun target (like mom or dad), but she's starting to get more and more confident and very proud of herself!

Also, I had one of those moments when you realize how much your baby has grown...we get these monthly postcards with a book recommendation for their age. Well, they've always said, "Your baby would love..." and this latest one said, "Your TODDLER would love..." I was like, "TODDLER?!?!" Where did the time go?

And...I just have to clarify that I DID help with the clean-up of the "poop episode." Yes, I was gagging a little, but we did have a team effort for the clean up. AND, I ALWAYS do the diaper loads of laundry!

-L

3 comments:

Sarah Walters said...

You know, I forgot to tell you, but she did take a couple steps the night I watched her, too. I knew it would be a matter of days! YAY! So happy for Buggy. Soon she'll be running like Isaac!

Jenny Betz said...

Great Job Buggy!!!!!

Josh, Koren and KK said...

I am so excited for Buggy!
I still remember my exact moment when I realized time was moving too fast and it was when I threw away all of Katie's baby socks. :(