Wednesday, April 22, 2009

EARTH DAY and JULIE B's Birthday!




Hip Hip Hooray for Earth Day and my sister's birthday! Ok so let me just come out and say that my lawn is the ugliest on the block! I HATE my grass or lack there of! I am not good with keeping grass alive apparently because when we bought this house the "LAWN" was pristine and some of the neighbors thought it was a mini golf course it was so green! Those were very short lived days I must say. It has gotten worse and worse every year. I don't know what to do, I fertilize, weed, water, and even aerate! What am I doing wrong? It's SO bad I had to go get grass seed at LOWES yesterday and do you even want to know how much grass seed is nowadays? Let's put it this way, for a mere 7 pounds of Kentucky Blue Grass Seed it was 40 bones!!!! I about dropped a load in my drawers. Then.....I have the never ending task of keeping the dang Robin birds OFF my "lawn"! It's a nightmare I tell ya. I just want green grass like everyone else in America, Is that too much to ask!? Just look how green everyone's lawn is in the picture above and then if you look to the left a little bit....theres that yellow patch. Thats my lawn! Anyway have a happy birthday Julie and to everyone else have a Happy Earth day and God Bless my Lawn!


-J

2 comments:

Daron and Rachael Short said...

maybe you should use the load you dropped in your drawers to fertilize...?

LaVonna said...

Go have your soil analized Jon. It may need lime since it's pretty dry. I am not sure though, but a garden supply would have a kit you can purchase to see what you need to add.